Wednesday, January 5, 2011

According to Adam

Our computer is fixed! I can't even begin to express my happiness :). So many things have happened around here since...August. Wow, I can't believe it's been that long since my last post.
Adam is three now, and he has developed quite an imagination. He's absolutely hilarious, too. Since he's talking in complete sentences now (and much more clearly), we've been amazed at some of the things that go through his head :). Here are some of his latest ponderings:

On seeing my bare mattress (while the sheets were being washed): "Whoa! Where'd that come from?"

On talking to Tommy on our home phone instead of on my cell phone: "Daddy, what are you doing in there?"

On seeing Hannah start sucking on the side of her bathtub during her bath: "Oh, Hannah! Don't eat your tubby!"

On having the sun shining in his eyes while riding in the car: "No, sun! You go away! You go home teaching!"

On being asked if he was stinky: "Mommy, you go upstairs."

On having one his toys constantly fall off his toy truck: "Woody, you stay! You stay in your seat!"

On recovering the above toy from under my rear end while I was nursing (I didn't realize I was sitting on it): "Oh, Woody! You okay? Did Mommy hurt you?"

On getting tired of hearing me singing "Once Upon a Dream" to Hannah: "Mommy, you stop that. You sing 'Popcorn Popping.'"

On seeing Tommy's brother John (who has a twin named Shawn): "Where's the other Shawn?"

And a recent conversation we had while running errands:

Adam: Mommy, let's go home!

Me: Not quite yet. How about we go to Target, and then the craft store, and then the tool store [Lowe's]? What d'ya say?

Adam: Please.

He's also started saying prayers all by himself. He almost always says he's thankful that he went to sacrament meeting and Grandma's house, whether he went there that day or not. He loves to help out with Hannah, and is really good at wiping her nose (i.e. smearing the snot all over her face). What a kid.

I just love these little punks :)...




1 comment:

BWei said...

These quotes seriously made me laugh out loud--so glad you have your computer back!!