Sunday, November 2, 2008

Little Lumberjack

We dressed Adam up as a lumberjack for Halloween. Tommy made him a little axe, and I tried to give him some stubble (using some brown eye-shadow), but he just ended up looking like he had a really dirty face. Our friends Evan and Krista invited us to go trick-or-treating with them. Their son Thatcher (who dressed up as a turtle) is a little older than Adam, so they were only going to a few houses before bedtime. It ended up being a blast, and even though we only went to six or seven houses, the little guys (or I should say their daddies) made out with some pretty hefty loot :)! We barely missed my parents, who took my siblings to a movie, but Adam and Thatcher had fun digging in to the bucket of candy that they (my parents) left on the porch. Adam was pretty grumpy by then, so we called it a night after that. At home, while I bathed Adam and put him to bed, Tommy sat out on our porch with our candy to give out. Not a single trick-or-treater came! Our neighbor came out a few minutes after I put Adam to bed and told us that she'd lived here for 23 years and had never gotten a trick-or-treater. I thought that was so sad :(. Well, we figured we might as well go back inside, and we spent the rest of the evening watching The Prestige. It ended up being a pretty enjoyable Halloween :).





The Turtle and The Lumberjack


Raiding Grandma Weiler's candy


Thatcher was gracious enough to offer his mommy some candy. Adam, on the other hand, decided to hoard his :).

2 comments:

BWei said...

That is hilarious--love the five o'clock shadow.

L'Anita Heiss said...

I love Adam's lumberjack costume! What a cute idea! Wish I could've seen him in person and kissed the stubble on that little cheek! Sounds like he had a fun Halloween.