Saturday, January 10, 2009

Christmas

We had a pleasant, laid-back Christmas this year. Tommy finished his semester with outstanding grades, and we were able to spend some wonderful, stress-free time together as a family. Christmas morning was especially fun. We got Adam a little basketball hoop (he has now mastered slam-dunking--working on the dribbling now), and he loved it. He got so excited when he saw it all set up:






We spent some time with my family Christmas morning. The married siblings and Bethany went in together to get my parents a digital photo frame for Christmas. My parents were so surprised and happy, and even my younger siblings can't get over how cool it is :). After that, we headed out to spend the rest of the day with Tommy's family. The Armstrongs have a fun tradition called Christmas Bingo. Each adult buys a gift ($10 max) to put in a pile, and we play bingo to win a gift. We're allowed to trade, too, so it can get pretty ruthless. Tommy ended up with a Nerf gun, and I got a Wallflower fragrance kit with two refills (I love those things!!). We also get each of the grandkids a gift, and Adam got some pretty cool stuff :). He had a lot of fun unwrapping his presents, but he had even more fun eating Christmas dinner...





2 comments:

BWei said...

Awesome! We loved Adam's (your) "deer" thank you postcard...what a good idea. Thank you again for being so fabulous and putting together the gift for your parents. Also a big thank you for hosting the get-together...I'm so sorry we left you with all the dirty dishes! Hope Tommy's semester goes well.

L'Anita Heiss said...

I echo Brittany's thanks! Great job on the frame. I enjoyed watching Adam learn to shoot hoops. Looks like he and Tommy have some great bonding time with that!