Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Hannah Grace Armstrong

She's here! I thought five weeks and two days after the event would be a good time to make this announcement :). I know, I know--I'm probably the worst blogger ever, but at least I've gotten around to it! I'm not going to leave this computer until I finish this post. As an added incentive, I've promised myself a big bowl of ice cream to enjoy when I'm done...

Hannah Grace arrived on Monday, June 7th, after only four hours and 46 minutes of labor (this isn't counting the three trips to the hospital we took for false labor). My first contraction hit at noon. I was at 4 1/2 cm when we got to the hospital, and I made sure they knew right away that I wanted an epidural. By the time the anethesiologist came, however, I had reached 9 cm. I couldn't believe how fast I'd progressed, although it was definitely the most painful few hours of my life. So I labored without the epidural but delivered with it. It was a wonderful experience. Hannah came after only three pushes, and I was able to hold her right after she was born while they began cleaning me up. Even with that slimy, purpleish skin and matted hair, she was the most beautiful little girl I'd ever seen. She looked just like Adam did, except her hair was longer. She was 7 lbs. 15 oz. and 21 inches long. She was born at 4:46 pm, so I was able to order dinner right away :). She has been an absolute dream since day one. She caught onto nursing right away, and she's a great sleeper. Last night was her best night yet: 11:00 pm to 7:30 am! She probably would've slept longer if Adam hadn't climbed into her bassinet with her. Adam has proven to be the most loving big brother I've ever seen. He simply adores his "Beebee Hannah." My biggest problem is trying to keep him from loving on her too much :). He introduces her to people everywhere we go. It's awesome. Tommy was able to have two weeks of paid paternity leave, so we had some wonderful family time. It's been a much smoother transition than I thought it would be with a second baby thanks to such a supportive, patient husband--I don't know what I would do without him.

Hannah is growing and developing wonderfully. She just had her 1-month check-up and is already 11 lbs and 22 inches long! She's given me one genuine smile, and it made me feel so good. Looking at her and watching Adam giving her kisses and hugs makes the long months of vomiting and sleepless nights totally worth it. It's amazing how much more love and joy this tiny little girl has brought into our home. I'm so happy, and I'm so very glad she's mine forever.

Her first picture!





Adam's first time holding her


Sweet big brother


Our first family picture




Silly guy


" You've got a friend in me, Hannah."
(Adam loves these Woody pjs...)


First tubby-time


Her hair gets so poofy after she gets a bath.


Chillin'


Adam loves to snuggle with his Hannah...


...anywhere and everywhere :).


Pretty girl
And now...I'm gonna have some ice cream.

7 comments:

Krista said...

Yaaaaaaayyyy Tabitha!!! Love it! These pictures are so fun!! I love the one of you and her in the hospital and she is just checking out her mama! And what a silly brother!!! In the bassinet, on the change table, that is really too funny. Cute cute cute!! Love you guys!

Brooke said...

She's adorable! Congrats!

BWei said...

I'm so glad you posted the pictures--there's no such thing as a bad blogger...unless you're talking about foul language or content. Seriously, any updates are always wonderful, whenever and however. I can't wait to meet the princess in person!!

scaddensquiggles said...

She is absolutely beautiful, Tabitha! You sound happy and very content with your fun family. I'm so happy for you!

Sarah said...

CONGRATULATIONS! What exciting news! She is beautiful! I'm so glad the transition is going well, and hope she continues to sleep this well from here on out! :) (Hope you don't mind me peeking in on your blog - Grandpa gave me the address.) Keep up the good work - you have a beautiful family!

Cassidie said...

Cammie and I are loving these pictures!!!!! Thanks for posting!!!!

L'Anita Heiss said...

What a sweet post, Tabitha! I love the pictures! Especially of Adam snuggling up with Hannah. And those Woody pjs just crack me up!

I wonder if a bowl of ice cream would motivate me to post something on my blog. Maybe I'll try it some day...