Monday, January 26, 2009

Into the Wild

My friend Krista invited me and Adam to go to the zoo this past Friday with her and her son Thatcher. This was Adam's first time at the zoo, but he didn't get as into it as I was hoping he would. He got the most excited over the flamingos, probably because they were the first animals on display. At one point, he was peering over the fence when he suddenly bellowed at them at the top of his lungs. I think he was trying to wake them up, as some of them had been rude enough to stop strutting for him and doze off. Krista and I had a blast. It was fun to just talk and walk around. We'd packed some picnic lunches and enjoyed a somewhat leisurely meal next to the safari animals. I say somewhat because Adam would occasionally yell for more food if I was being too slow, and Thatcher would steal Adam's grapes whenever my back was turned. We were a bit disappointed when our sons wanted to examine the rocks and sticks and leaves instead of look at the lions and zebras and panda bears, but we'll just have to try again. Here are some pictures I was able to take when I wasn't chasing Adam:


Flamingos

"So, kid, ya gonna feed me o' what?"



I don't remember what this bird is called, but it had the thickest eyelashes I've ever seen!


I tried to get Adam to hug the giraffe, or at least stand next to it...oh, well.


"Dude, are they ever going to leave us alone? I mean, can't we just chill without them photographing our every move?"


"Ok, you look at my mom, and I'll look at your mom. Then maybe they'll leave us alone."



"Or maybe not."


The fences were simply fascinating...



All this guy did was stare at us.



We had so much fun! Thanks, Krista!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your families adorable! I kind of tracked you down. Scary huh? It's fun to see how you're doing. I have a blog if you're interested. email me at blasson@tds.net and I'll add you. I went private a while back. It's fun to see what you're up to!